Psalm 36 gives us a beautiful picture of God's generosity and care for creation and humanity in particular. "How precious is your unfailing love, O God! All humanity finds shelter in the shadow of your wings. You feed them from the abundance of your own house, letting them drink from your river of delights. For you are the fountain of life, light by which we see."
How the Dream Fund Works
1. The Dream Fund is a way to multiply the impact of our missions giving. The General Fund remains the primary way we support the work of our mission partners and our local congregation each year. Please consider any gift to the Dream Fund to be above and beyond what we give to the General Fund.
2. Gift s to the Dream Fund will be distributed evenly between all of the mission initiatives that have been identified for a given year. Each mission initiative will receive a percentage of the gift based upon the amount approved for that initiative. All gifts designated for missions that do not identify a specific initiative will be funneled into the Dream Fund in this way.
3. If you feel God calling you to give to a specific initiative listed, gift s of designated funds for a particular initiative of the Dream Fund are welcome. They will be received and designated to that specified dream unless that mission initiative is already fully funded. If a designated gift is received after that initiative is fully funded, we will ask the donor to consider giving to the fund in a general manner or to consider another dream for designation.
4. In order to continue to leave room for the leading of the Spirit, 10% of every gift given to the Dream Fund or any initiative that is part of the Dream Fund will be set aside for new mission initiatives. If the Spirit does not lead us to new initiatives, this money will be reinvested into the Dream Fund for the following year.
5. This process will continue until all the initiatives are fully funded. If God
grants this, then there is full freedom in the Dream Fund to designate to any
of our mission initiatives or to save for future years.